To have the highest quality fabric structure you have to start with the best quality materials. Here at Winkler Structures, we don’t settle for anything but the best when it comes to our fabric and steel. We have worked closely with our industry leading suppliers for decades to ensure their product is tailored exactly to our needs. The result is an unprecedented ability to custom-fit our structures to your exact specifications for any location or industry.
Let our advanced light weight, high strength material work hard so you don’t have to. Our specialty polyethylene material (NovaShield Membrane Structure Fabric) has amazing strength-to-weight ratios that allow for easier, faster, and money-saving installations. This technologically advanced fabric will stand up to any weather condition; including rain, wind, hail, snow, and heat. With its advanced UV protection coating you never have to worry about sun exposure degrading your structure and with a 15 year warranty, you can rest assured that we stand behind our quality.
The Fabric Membrane Advantage:
- Light Transparency – Our fabric buildings allow the majority of the light to pass through the fabric membrane, which means huge savings when it comes to electricity costs. In our buildings there is no need for any artificial lighting during the day time.
- Climate Controlled – Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter! On average our buildings are 10-15 degrees cooler in the hot summer sun. The same goes for winter, with our buildings being 10-15 degrees warmer.
- Durability and Safety – Novashield is the only polyethylene membrane to successfully combine long-life UV resistance with flame retardant properties. Our membrane fabric products pass the most demanding certification standards including:
- California Fire Marshall
- ASTM E84
- NFPA (Large and Small Scale)
- CAN/ULC S-109 (Large and Small Scale)
- FAR 25.863(a)
- EN13501.1 (B.s1.d0)
Our engineered steel frame designs, superior steel, and no compromising attitude are what set us apart from the competition. Our buildings are designed to stand up to any weather and can be engineered under any building code worldwide. Winkler Canvas was among the first companies in the fabric structure industry to gain both A660 and ISO 9001 certification and refuse to cut corners. No wind or snow load is too much for our superior cross purlins, unique truss design, and Allied Gatorshield steel.
The Gatorshield Advantage:
- Allied’s signature process produces superior corrosion resistance by utilizing a triple layer of protection. First 99.99% pure zinc is applied followed by a conversion coating. Finishing the process is a clear organic topcoat that seals in the protection and produces a smooth shiny appearance. Gatorshield provides 50% more zinc than any of the inline galvanized competitors.
- We guarantee a minimum 50 ksi yield and 55 ksi tensile on our products with the ability to achieve higher properties with different steel chemistry. Compared with many alternatives that demonstrate a 30 ksi yield, Gatorshield demonstrates the unique ability to offer the same strength in a lighter weight tube – up to 33% stronger!
- Gatorshield tubing is capable of being fabricated using several different methods including hole punching, cutting, flattening, bending and more without the degradation of the coatings. All of these operations can be performed without cracking, flaking or otherwise damaging the integrity of the coating. Because of this, we are able to make extremely custom alterations to our frame designs without compromising the steel.
- Due to its 99% pure zinc coating; Gatorshield can be easily welded. Contrary to popular belief, all galvanized products do not perform the same with regards to welding suitability.